Yesterday marked equal pay day, a day that reminds us that women still earn less than men for doing the same work.
In line with that I want to share some tips on how we can negotiate our salaries better, not implying that the inequality it is purely as reason of not negotiating, however we can work on closing that gap further.
1) Ask for more, don’t wait for someone to give it to you
2) Know how much more you want and inflate that but within reason
3) Be prepared, know what you have contributed to the organisation; the value of your relationships; what is your expertise in the field and how you have grown in the role; the KPI’s that you have achieved and overachieved
4) Speak with authority, never feel bad to ask.
5) Be prepared for if they say no and anticipate why they would say no.
6) Be creative! A salary negotiation is not just about money, what else can they give you? More flexibility, salary continuance insurance, more superannuation pay…
If you want to learn more or need some negotiation advice, please get in touch!
Octalo Negotiation Pty Ltd
Ivonne Ranisch 0475846754